NewSTEPs, in partnership with the Pediatric Congenital Heart Association (PCHA), recently convened an in-person Critical Congenital Heart Disease (CCHD) Meeting with the goal of highlighting the current status of newborn screening (NBS) for CCHD in the U.S. and to provide ideas and guidance for NBS programs across all levels of implementation.
- Location: Silver Spring, MD
- Dates: February 27- 28, 2014
- Purpose: To convene representatives from all fifty state newborn screening programs and pertinent stakeholders and partners to facilitate the implementation of CCHD newborn screening throughout the U.S.
- Agenda: The meeting agenda and list of speakers can be found linked here.
- Summary Notes: An initial draft summary of challenges and potential solutions discussed during the meeting can be found linked here. Presentations from the meeting can be found linked here.
1- Participants provided input and offered expert guidance on implementation of CCHD.
2- Identification of Quality Improvement Initiatives in CCHD implementation.
3- Development of key components of a strategic template consisting of model practices and quality improvement initiatives for implementation of new disorders within newborn screening programs.
If you have any questions please contact Thalia Wood at Thalia.Wood@aphl.org or 240-485-2701.