The New York - Mid-Atlanitc Consortium has announced a new NYMAC Webinar Series: Timeliness in Newborn Screening. Please find more information below:
- "Newborn Screening Primer"
- Date/Time: Wednesday, June 29 - 12:00 - 1:00 p.m. EST
- Presenter: Sarah Viall, MSN, PPCNP-BC, Nurse Practitioner
Children's National Health System, Division of Genetics and Metabolism
- Target Audience: Primary Care Physicians, Nurse Midwives
Objective: Please join us for a discussion of why newborn screening is done, how the newborn screening system is organized and resources for families or providers.
- Recording: http://www.wadsworth.org/programs/newborn/nymac/professionals/nbs
- "Pre-Analytic Timeliness"
- Date/Time: Wednesday July 13 - 12:00 - 1:00 p.m. EST
- Presenter: Ali Piques, NNP, BC, Neonatal Nurse Practitioner
NICU NBS Task Force, Virginia Commonwealth University, Richmond, VA
- Target Audience: Primary Care Physicians, Hospital Staff, Nurse Midwives
- Objective: Join us for a presentation on the newborn screening specimen collection process including collecting, shipping and tracking specimens.
- To Register: https://attendee.gotowebinar.com/register/2957827391374888961
- "Analytic Timeliness"
- Date/Time: Wednesday, July 27 - 12:00 - 1:00 p.m. EST
- Presenters: Scott Shone, PhD, Newborn Screening Program Manager New Jersey Department of Health, Newborn Screening Laboratory (PHEAL), Ewing, NJ. Michele Caggana, ScD, FACMG, Director, Newborn Screening Program, New York State Department of Health, Albany, NY.
- Target Audience: Primary Care Physicians, Hospital Staff, Specialists, Newborn Screening Programs
- Objective: Join us for a presentation on the newborn screening laboratory considerations for improving timeliness in newborn screening.
- To Register: https://attendee.gotowebinar.com/register/5203803091988503041
- "Post-Analytic Timeliness"
- Date/Time: Wednesday, August 10 - 1:00 - 2:00 p.m. EST
- Presenters: Robert Ostrander, MD, FAAFP, DABFP, Pediatrician
New York State Academy of Family Physicians, Valley View Family Practice, LLP, Rushville, NY. David Kronn, MD, Director, Biochemical Genetics Program, NYMC Regional Medical Genetics Center, Valhalla, NY
- Target Audience: Primary Care Physicians
- Objective: Join us for a presentation on the importance of timely diagnosis and treatment for newborn screening conditions. The presentation will include a discussion of gaps and barriers to timely diagnosis and treatment.
- To Register: https://attendee.gotowebinar.com/register/963480424377433089
- "Family Focus"
- Date/Time: Wednesday, August 24 - 12:00 - 1:00 p.m. EST
- Moderator: Anna Grantham, Hunter's Hope Foundation
- Target Audience: Families, Advocates, Primary Care Physicians, Hospital Staff, Newborn Screening Programs
- Objective: Join us to hear from families impacted by a condition on the newborn screening panel as they discuss the importance of timeliness.
- To Register: https://attendee.gotowebinar.com/register/5183282906479451137
- "National Newborn Screening Recommendations"
- Date/Time: Wednesday, August 31 - 12:00 - 1:00 p.m.
- Presenters: Marci Sontag, PhD, Associate Director, NewSTEPs (Newborn Screening Technical Assistance and Evaluation Program, Colorado School of Public Health, Department of Epidemiology, Aurora, CO. Susan Tanksley, PhD, Director of the Laboratory Operations Unit, Biochemistry and Genetics Branch, Texas Department of State Health Services, Austin, TX
- Target Audience: Newborn Screening Programs, Hospital Staff
- Objective: Join us to hear from national experts on timeliness in newborn screening.
The presentations will include a review of current efforts to improve timeliness.
- To Register: https://attendee.gotowebinar.com/register/3150089094140299009