A critical component to the success of all newborn screening systems is ensuring that all infants receive appropriate testing and care. Short Term Follow-Up entails the process of ensuring that all newborns are screened, that an appropriate follow-up caregiver is informed of results, that confirmatory testing has been completed, that the newborn has received a diagnosis and, if necessary, treatment. This meeting is jointly sponsored by NewSTEPs and the Cystic Fibrosis Foundation.
- Location: Orlando, FL
- Dates: October 25-26,2016
- Agenda: Found linked here.
- Purpose: To convene newborn screening personnel involved with short- and long-term follow-up under the leadership of the NewSTEPs Short Term Follow-Up Workgroup. Participants will share solutions for short- and long-term follow-up newborn screening.
- Meeting Objectives:
- Provide input and offer expert guidance on challenges in follow-up.
- Identify Quality Improvement initiatives for follow-up.
- Develop a toolkit of solutions to common barriers identified.
If you have any questions please contact Thalia Wood at firstname.lastname@example.org or 240-485-2701.