NewSTEPs 360, in partnership with the Cystic Fibrosis Foundation, convened an in-person Cystic Fibrosis (CF) Quality Improvement Initiative In-Person Meeting with the goals of bringing together key stakeholders in CF newborn screening from each state newborn screening program.
- Location: Denver, CO
- Dates: June 21-22, 2016
- Purpose: To convene representatives (laboratory and follow-up) from all fifty state newborn screening programs and CF center clinicians to facilitate identification of strategies for implementation of quality improvement initiatives to assure timely newborn screening in cystic fibrosis.
- Agenda: The meeting agenda can be found linked here.
- Welcome, Introductions & State Connections | Marci Sontag, PhD and Sikha Singh, MHS, PMP
- Barriers to Timeliness in Newborn Screening | Carol Johnson, RN
- Timeliness in Newborn Screening: Considerations for Cystic Fibrosis | Susanna McColley, MD
- Data Challenges | Marci Sontag, PhD
- Algorithm Breakout Session: Challenges and Goals | Breakout Groups
- Algorithm Challenges and Goals Report Out | Breakout Groups
- Overview of NewSTEPs 360 | Joshua Miller, MPH
- Educational Activities for Improved Timeliness in Newborn Screening: The Colorado Experience | Erica Wright, MS, CGC
- Courier System & Operating Hours: The Iowa Experience | Stan Berberich, PhD
- Improving Timeliness in Newborn Screening: Health Information Technologies in the Texas Newborn Screening Laboratory | Rachel Lee, PhD, Texas
- Identifying Problems in Newborn Screening: Root Cause Analysis and the 5 Whys | Yvonne Kellar-Guenther, PhD
- Improvements to Confirmatory Testing | Stacey L. Martiniano, MD
- Focus Area Breakout Session: NBS Quality Improvement Solutions | Breakout Groups
- State Model Practices: One-screen state: Minnesota (Public Health Perspective) | Sandra Rosendahl, MS, CGC
- State Model Practices: One-screen state: Minnesota (Clinical Perspective) | Terri Laguna, MD, MSCS
- State Model Practices: Two-screen state: IRT/IRT/DNA: The Colorado Experience (Public Health & Clinical Perspectives) | Mark Dymerski, Laboratory Supervisor and Edith Zemanick, MD, MSCS
- Avoiding Deadly Delays in Newborn Screening | Richard Parad, MD MPH
- Possible Next Steps | Marci Sontag, PhD
If you have any questions please contact Sarah McKasson at email@example.com or 303-724-9778.